Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Learning from a Blog Experrrt :D

    Hello folks! I am terribly sorry for this post, it should be posted ages ago, but look no further, here it is! Last ummmm....hehe I forgot hte exact date but a guest came to our school (specifically, our club) for a visit. She is Ms. Patty Laurel-Filart. She is a blogger, travel writer, host, and teacher. (all info are found in her blog http://www.pattylaurel.com/2011/05/about-blogger.html)
 
    So on that day, we all learned and realised some stuff about blogging. Actually, I expected this to be really boring at first, but then, I was enlightened by her smile flashed upon her face. She was different from other speakers because she can really relate to us.

    She first told us about some do's and don'ts about blogging. When she was talking about the do's, I was like, "Oh yeah! I'm doin' the right thing!", but when the part of the don'ts came, I'm like, "Ay bawal pala 'yan (facepalm)??" I remember the part about the photoshopping the fats of a person, it really made me laugh out loud...heehee. Anyway, for the next part, she told us some important tips in blogging which I don't really remember. I feel really ashamed because I do not remember all the tips she mentioned, but to sum this all up, she told us to be creative in writing posts. Do not hesitate, just be yourself. Make blogging a hobby not a chore. These were the words I remembered (I know they are not precise, but you don't expect me to memorize her every word.).

    All in all, this was a really fun visit. After listening and absorbing her words, I became more inspired to continue on this blog, and just like her to pass on this inspiration to others. If you are out there reading this blog, Ms. Patty, thank you very much for the tips and all :)

    That is all guys, bye for now!

This is the link to her blog (PLS. PLS. VISIT): http://www.pattylaurel.com/

-Shanelle <3

No comments:

Post a Comment